PLEASE NOTE: We will do our best to respond to all submissions, but may not be able to due to bandwidth constraints. If you’ve not heard back from our team within two weeks of your application, please assume that we’ve saved it to our files for future reference and will reach out if another opportunity matching your qualifications arises. Please refrain from reaching out to us for confirmation or to our team members individually for application statuses.
Start the Wave is a non-profit organisation focused on building an inclusive online community that empowers individuals to find their unique path to create positive change.
We are currently seeking volunteers to join our remote team of beautiful humans who are committed to carrying out this important mission.
- Each position below is estimated to require between 3-7 hours of work a week, we are a committed but flexible group!
- All positions are strictly volunteer and not compensated.
Ready to apply?
To be considered for any of the positions below, email: contact at start the wave dot org with the Subject Line “Volunteer Submission”.
Please be sure to include the following information:
- Your resume, CV or a description of your relevant experience
- Which of the above areas you have experience in
- Why you feel called to volunteer for STW
- Your social media handles (if applicable)
- The number of hours per week you’d be able to commit
- Selected candidates will receive an email about next steps from one of our current volunteers. Please note, Dominique will not be included in any interviews or correspondence.
Job Description: We are looking for an experienced fundraising coordinator with excellent communication, networking and organizational skills and abilities. The fundraising coordinator will be responsible for building relationships and forming connections with prospective, previous and current donors. They will develop and implement fundraising strategies and will plan, oversee and organize events and campaigns to raise money for Start the Wave.
- Research, identify and contact prospective donors
- Maintain donor information records
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies and initiatives
- Research fundraising opportunities
- Create fundraising goals and solicits funds to meet these goals
- Maintain fundraising campaigns and events calendar
- Plan, organize and oversee campaigns and/or events to solicit donations
- Create fundraising message for both donors and general public
- Implement marketing strategies and promotional campaigns to raise awareness
- Evaluate the success of fundraising campaigns and events
- Create, send, manage applicable donor documents such as tax receipts
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the charity/non-profit sector, including applicable laws and regulations