PLEASE NOTE: We will do our best to respond to all submissions, but may not be able to due to bandwidth constraints. If you’ve not heard back from our team within two weeks of your application, please assume that we’ve saved it to our files for future reference and will reach out if another opportunity matching your qualifications arises. Please refrain from reaching out to us for confirmation or to our team members individually for application statuses.
Start the Wave is a non-profit organisation focused on building an inclusive online community that empowers individuals to find their unique path to create positive change.
We are currently seeking volunteers to join our remote team of beautiful humans who are committed to carrying out this important mission.
- Each position below is estimated to require between 3-7 hours of work a week, we are a committed but flexible group!
- All positions are strictly volunteer and not compensated.
Ready to apply?
To be considered for any of the positions below, email: contact at start the wave dot org with the Subject Line “Volunteer Submission”.
Please be sure to include the following information:
- Your resume, CV or a description of your relevant experience
- Which of the above areas you have experience in
- Why you feel called to volunteer for STW
- Your social media handles (if applicable)
- The number of hours per week you’d be able to commit
- Selected candidates will receive an email about next steps from one of our current volunteers. Please note, Dominique will not be included in any interviews or correspondence.
Start the Wave’s website is built on WordPress and uses an application called Elementor. We are looking for volunteers to help support website maintenance. This position will work directly with one of our team members on general upkeep and site development for upcoming initiatives.
If the below describes you, we’d love to hear from you:
- You have (at least) a year of experience working with WordPress
- You have a basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- You are familiar with basic web user experience practices
- You understand how to compress images for web
Got experience with the below? We’d REALLY love to hear from you:
- WCAG 2.1 Compliance / web development and design
- On-site SEO
- VPS Hosting
- CDN Configuration